Sunday, January 13, 2019

victims statements turned into creator statements

Please understand that this is from my college 101 homework class and not something i made up 




Victim Language
1. If they’d do something about the parking on campus, I wouldn’t be late so often.
2. I’m failing my online class because the site is impossible to navigate.
3. I’m too shy to ask questions in class even when I’m confused.
4. She’s a lousy instructor. That’s why I failed the first test.
5. I hate group projects because people are lazy and I always end up doing most of the work.
6. I wish I could write better, but I just can’t.
7. My friend got me so angry that I can’t even study for the exam.
8. I’ll try to do my best this semester.
9. The financial aid form is too complicated to fill out.
10. I work nights so I didn’t have time to do the assignment.



1.  If i show up to the campus early I may get a better parking spot.

2.  If i ask for help from either my instructor or a fellow classmate , I might better understand how to navigate the site for my online class.

3. I should raise my hand when i feel i don't understand something so i'll be able to understand and better pass the assignment  .

4.  Ask the instructor to explain the lesson in a different way to see if i better understand if they explain it simpler. ( I realized this may not help since the class is online and not in a classroom setting )
* A better way to fix the situation could be to look it up online or call or send the instructor a email asking for help* 

5.  I feel others should pull their weight in a group project , So all of us can pass and not the whole group fail as a whole .

6.  I should practice writing , til it sounds better and my grammar makes better sense.

7. I should take a break to take some breaths til , I'm calm and can continue on what I was studying .

8.  I will do best this semester.

9. I will ask for help from someone who better understands how to fill out the financial aid form.

10. I should try to do my homework before i leave for work, I should take my homework to work with me and try to finish it while I'm on break




                         Always love dreaming ~ Ky

2 comments: